You are searching about Watch The Football Game For Free, today we will share with you article about Watch The Football Game For Free was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Watch The Football Game For Free is useful to you.
The Umpire and the Coach in Australian Football
Being a coach can be a very emotional experience when you watch your team develop and see them strive for success only to see “Iffy” (in your opinion) free kicks awarded or infractions against your team go unnoticed or ignored. . As a coach, you may be tempted to comment aloud on the referee’s performance during the game. This does not improve the referee’s performance but simply makes you forget about your job as a coach and diverts your players’ attention to the referee rather than their role in the team.
It’s not up to you to referee the game. Your job is to coach.
A coach will become a better coach when he learns to referee games. Then the coach will notice how quickly decisions need to be made and how easy it is to miss infractions. Refereeing will show the coach not only the physical stress of refereeing but also the mental stress inherent in this activity. He/she will gain an appreciation for the role of the referee allowing him/her to watch his/her team’s performance and not be distracted by the referee’s performance. The coach will also be able to teach his players how to play better within the rules of the game as well as how the referee interprets the rules of the game.
Below are ideas that a coach, new or experienced, should consider in order to improve their coaching performance and their understanding of the job of officiating. He/she must work to acquire a good working relationship with the referees.
Here is what I would suggest to a trainer.
• Take a level 1 officiating course.
• Take courses from accredited coaches which will contain refereeing data as well as discussions on the rules of the game and, of course, ideas on football training.
• If you haven’t played the game yourself, join a team at your club and see the rules first hand.
• Watch matches on television from a referee’s point of view; Listen to the commentators’ comments on the referees’ decisions to better understand how the rules are interpreted.
• Monitor the positioning of the referees on the field.
• Obtain and read the rulebook, especially when rule interpretations are explained.
• Referee practice games with your players. Explain why free kicks are given. Use the signals the referees use and talk to the players about what they can do within the rules.
• Practice basic officiating games with your team, eg. ex. explain the rules for ruck work, throw-ins; back kicks, holding the mark, when the play is called; and when the advantage is called.
• Dress in white as a referee in your practice matches in intra-club matches or social matches against local clubs.
• Refereeing gives the coach an on-the-spot view of what is going on. He can coach as he goes, offering advice to both teams. He can make position changes, etc. while running.
• Use a two-referee system with the other team’s coach, with both in practice mode.
• Use an appropriate referee whistle.
• Remember that referees should not penalize what they cannot see even if they suspect a rule has been broken.
Regarding the players and the referee:
• Teach your players to be arbiters of limits and goals. With older groups, allow players to officiate practice games. This will help them understand that refereeing is not easy but requires great concentration and great physical fitness.
• The rulebook will explain how the goal and boundary umpires should go about doing their job.
• Acknowledge to your players that referees will often make ‘play on’ calls when the team against which the offense has already had the advantage and they would lose that advantage if they were awarded a free kick. (The call “Play Over” often acknowledges that the rules have been broken.) So teach players to whistle and not officiate the game themselves, just play the game.
• Teach your players to accept the referee’s decision even if they think it is incorrect. Remind them that the game will not take place if there are no referees.
A few final comments:
• As a coach, it is your job to coach, not to referee the game. If you openly criticize the referees in front of the players, they will lose respect for the referee and for you as a coach.
• Finally, if you are asked to comment on the performance of a young referee, look for ways to encourage that person as well as point out areas that need improvement with advice on how this can happen. Don’t just write or report on referees whose performance you think has caused your team to lose.
Video about Watch The Football Game For Free
You can see more content about Watch The Football Game For Free on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Watch The Football Game For Free
If you have any questions about Watch The Football Game For Free, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Watch The Football Game For Free was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Watch The Football Game For Free helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Watch The Football Game For Free
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Watch The Football Game For Free
Watch The Football Game For Free
way Watch The Football Game For Free
tutorial Watch The Football Game For Free
Watch The Football Game For Free free
#Umpire #Coach #Australian #Football